Your privacy is important to us! It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or about you. At CMC we follow these fundamental privacy principles:
- CMC does not ask you for personal information unless we need it. If we ask for your personal information, we’ll explain why.
- CMC does not share your personal information with anyone except in accordance with this Policy.
- CMC does not store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our services and will only store the personal information for as long as we need to keep it.
This Policy applies to personal information we collect through direct interactions with our website and any of the services that CMC provides, through our website’s automated technologies, and from third parties.
If you have questions about our Policy, our practices, or correcting your personal information please contact our team.
The Information We Collect
CMC collects several types of information about users, including the following:
- Identity information, contact information, transaction information, marketing/communications preferences, usage data, and geolocation data.
- Technical and network information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
- De-identified aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Although aggregated data may be derived from your personal information, it is not considered personal information because it does not directly or indirectly identify you. For instance, CMC may monitor the most popular posts on our website and may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
How is Your Information Collected?
We use different methods to collect this information from you and about you including: direct interactions with us and automated technologies.
Direct Interactions. Certain visitors to CMC’s website choose to interact directly with CMC in ways that require CMC to gather personal information. The amount and type of personal information that CMC gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in transactions with CMC may be asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, CMC collects such personal information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with CMC.
Automated Technologies and Do Not Track Signals. Although we may automatically collect technical and network data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as you navigate our website, we do not use automated technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (e.g., behavioral tracking) and our services do not respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
User Contributions. Our website does not have the functionality for users to submit contributions directly (e.g., a forum).
How We Use and Share Your Information
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. We may use and share information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, and products to better understand how CMC’s visitors use our website. From time to time, CMC may release de-identified information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To provide you with updates and marketing communications about products, services and offers that may be relevant to you.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- If CMC, or substantially all of our assets were acquired, or to evaluate or conduct a restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of CMC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, our website users’ information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of CMC may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
CMC discloses personal information only to our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on CMC’s behalf or to provide services, and (ii) that have agreed to be bound by contractual obligations not to disclose it to others and to only use it for the purpose(s) in which it was provided.
CMC will not rent or sell personal information to anyone. Other than to our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, CMC will disclose personal information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when CMC believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of CMC, third parties or the public at large.
CMC takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to or through our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
We may maintain your personal information and may keep such information indefinitely in order to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
CMC does not display any third-party advertisements on our website.
Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
You can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities such as downloading or uploading information as requested.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by CMC to promote or provide updates about our products, you can opt-out by contacting our team stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional communication, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to communications with CMC as a result of a product or subscription purchase, product service experience, or other customer transactions.
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, users of our Services who are California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact our team.
Our website is not intended or directed towards children under the age of 13. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected information from a child under the age of 13, please contact our team.
If you are located in a province, country, or other government jurisdiction outside of the United States, and if you choose to provide your personal information to CMC through our website, please be aware that your personal information will be transferred to and maintained on computers located in the United States and the applicable US privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
First introduced on February 2020.